Friday, May 29, 2009

Knives

You are a knife.
I won't bore you with the details of unnecessary adjectives like sharp, the point has been made.
Maybe I could sell you door to door like a set of Encyclopedia Britannica. There's probably good money in it, though I'm afraid I'd be wishing letters back to pages as fast as money exchanged hands.
Perhaps I can kill two birds with one stone and use one of the same Britannica as a cutting board. Or is it cruel to break apart the alphabet?
How about this- can I just buy a vowel? The sometimes y?
Don't think I can't hear it ring out from its place at the end of the line. The letters must stack heavy down there.
Maybe that's why it gets to join the more popular crowd sometimes. Or is it that I'm just supposed to think that the ones seen more often are better.
Out of sight, out of mind, right?
Right.
Or not.
I am the one who is sharp, and I don't plan to stay away from the alphabet for long.

No comments: