Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where's Annie When You Need Her?

Sigh.

It happens every time I leave the District - upon my return, I know in my heart that I don't belong here. That I don't like it here all that much. Current perfect weather, place all to myself and ever-growing group of friends notwithstanding, I know that this town is only intended to be a short stop in my ever-evolving life. Should I have expected this? It is a transitory town, after all, and anyone I've ever conversed with about this place has always seemed to feel the same way. Still, every time I leave and go to a place like Chicago, Philadelphia, Asheville, Germany, Portland, hell even fucking New York City, I can feel my eyes close and the wind in my hair saying to my soul, "I think I'm gonna like it here."

Sigh.

Sorry DC, you just ain't my kind of town, but I'm willing to let that slide for now and enjoy this summer for every hot loving second of it.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I know how you feel. Just five months in, I already know it's just a pit stop of sorts.
I guess we just have to enjoy the ride while it lasts.